There are four common types of regrets:
1️⃣ Foundation: “If only I'd done the work.” Small early-life decisions can add up to negative consequences later on.
2️⃣ Boldness: “I wish I took the chance.” Overwhelmingly, people regret playing it safe and not taking risks when they could. It’s especially true in careers.
3️⃣ Moral: “I wish I did the right thing.” Most people want to do the right thing and regret taking the low road.
4️⃣ Connection: “If only I’d reached out.” When relationships drift apart, it can feel awkward to reach out, but regrets often follow inaction.
💡The lesson: Don’t avoid regrets. Your persistent regrets are a “knock at the door” about what truly matters to you. Audit them to find values, and use that data as an engine for change. There is evidence that it can help us become better problem solvers, negotiators, strategists and find more meaning in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment